Monday, November 15, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! I am a special education teacher in the Manitowoc Public School District and have been for teaching two years.  I realize that this is not a long time but I decided to create this blog in hopes to increase the collaboration with parents and colleagues from not only in my community, but all around the world.  Communication is a huge factor in the process to helping our students be successful as lifelong learners.  I want to work together with you to try to increase the communication and collaboration with teachers and parents so we can work together and leave no child behind.  As a special education teacher, I am a valued resource to teachers and students so they both can be successful in and out of school.  In order to do this more effectively I wanted to compile a list of resources, helpful strategies, a place for questions, and a way for me and others to post responses to topics we discuss in this blog.

Here are just a few questions I have, feel free to post about any of them.

Have you created a blog?
What are some helpful ways you use it in your classrooms?
How can special education teachers better serve our students?
What do you think about inclusion?
How do you feel about team teaching?
What are the different kinds of team teaching that you see?
How can I better communicate with parents/caregivers?
What resources would you like to see on this blog?
What are some strategies and/or instructional methods you use with your students who need an alternate or modified curriculum in order to be successful?
What publications, articles, and people have you used to inspire you or give you new ideas (i.e. "The Sisters," The Daily Five, Lucy Calkins)?

Feel free to add to my questions.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks super! I think it is very user freiendly and accessible to users new to the blogging world. The list of questions you have posted is a great way to start a conversation with depth with other users. Nice work!
    -Miss Timm

    ReplyDelete